Commercial / Agricultural solar panel
Scaled Energy develop commercial wind and solar projects for
customers throughout the UK. In 2010, we expanded our capability to
include solar photovoltaics (PV). We have carried out throughout the
UK, however the majority of our work is in Scotland and Northern
Solar PV is a simple way to generate your own electricity on
site and offset your electricity usage. Our team has the required
specialist technical and commercial experience to ensure that and each
system is designed to maximise returns and meet your requirements. Our
project development capability on PV goes in to the MW range.
Installing a solar PV system will allow you to:
- Save on running costs
- Benefit from tax-free, inflation-linked returns for the next
- Lower carbon emissions and demonstrate your green credentials
to customers, suppliers and industry
- Generate an income from unused roof space
- Make the most of the opportunities available in these tough
Our solar installations range in size and type to include:
- Ground mounted sytems
- Pitched and Flat roof mounted systems for almost all roof
- Ballasted roof mounted systems (Non penetrating, good for
Own your installation
- Best returns
- Full long term benefit
- Predictable generation
- Total control
Rent your land / roof
- No cost to you
- Regular, reliable payments
- Low impact
- Simple rental agreement
Roof Mounted, Pitched Roofs
Pitched roof mounted solar pv systems are the most economical
method of implementing a solar installations because no additional
structures are required, and often planning permission is not
required. Roof mounted installations are typically 50kWp (200 panels)
but almost always <200kWp due to space constraints.
Your best option may be roof-mounted solar if the following
criteria are met:
- Your roof is south facing (other aspects are possible, but
production will be lower)
- There are no significant obstructions that cast shadow on
your roof such as nearby trees, buildings, or hills
- There are few obstructions present on the roof itself such as
chimneys or skylights. The installation will have to planned around
these and becomes more complex.
- There is adequate room remaining to host the solar
installation. We can size your installation according to the space
- Offers the best returns
The pitch and orientation of your roof will affect the
generation of your system. Performance can be estimated prior to
installation as part of the project feasibility. Options exist for
flat roof mounting.
Flat Roof and Ballasted Mounting
Mounting solar PV systems on flat roofs presents an number of
advantages and challenges. Flat roof mounted systems can be optimised
for pitch and orientation to obtain the best results for generation.
The mounting systems used and the structural integration with the roof
is where special attention should be paid.
- A structurally attached system is where the
mounting system is secured to the building structure and requires
- A ballasted system is where the mounting
system is secured to the roof using weight alone. These systems
typically have a low pitch (20 degrees) in order to reduce wind
loading. The capacity of the roof to support the additional load must
also be carefully considered.
- Hybrid, or minimally attached systems are
possible where the mounting system is a combination of secure fixings
and ballasted and have pros and cons.
Ground mounted solar is typically the preferred option where a
larger capacity installation is required. A large capacity system can
occupy a relatively small area of land. Typically ground mounted solar
installations have a higher capital cost than roof mounted, due to
civils, trenching and mounting requirements. Additionally planning
permission is normally required prior to installation.
Some reasons to opt for a ground mounted solar system are:
- There is not an adequate amount of space on your roof to host
a system of the required size.
- Your roof is not structurally suitable
- Your roof has a pitch and orientation that is sub-optimal.
- There is excessive shading on your roof, or your roof
contains too many obstructions.
Land / Roof Rental
With all the above options, perhaps the best option for you is to
allow us to own and operate the solar installation on your land in
exchange for a rent or other benefits such as long term low cost
electricity. All land lease projects have their unique requirements,
so please get in touch
with us so we can consider your requirements.